2018.08.14 - Day #96 - Rest the leg, but no more tomorrow, part 3

No PCT miles.

I got up 8am. Staying put makes you lazy. Glancing out of the window revealed that there is a lot of smoke. News confirmed that there is multiple forest fires raging in British Columbia, Canada, and the winds bring the smoke down south.

Smoke in the air. In the morning it was worse.

The leg felt better. You could step on it right in the beginning of the day without feeling that much pain. I went down, happy about this and had some oatmeal and bagels for breakfast. I did the days first exercises for the leg and then started planning the rest of the hike. Mainly this meant checking the schedule and mapping the days for the remaining resupply locations. I also thought about what happens right after the hike and checked some flights, although did not reserve anything.

I decided that I would start hiking on Wednesday. Staying put for 4 days is enough. If the leg starts to hurt more, there is a possibility to rest some more at Cascade Locks. It is less than 50 miles there, and the terrain should be easy.

The Ski Lodge got a new caretaker today as Blaine arrived to take over for Alan. I chatted with them every now and then when leaving the basement. They were thinking about how to get more hiker customers to the place, and I gave my two cents on the subject.

Talking about business. Could be a worse office.

I ordered a compression sock from Amazon. A friend recommended one and I am willing to try out every trick. It is gonna wait for me in Cascade Locks, along side with a new case for the mobile phone. The sock was categorised as a "Amazon side order", and could not be delivered on its own unless being a part of order that costs more than 25 dollars. Thus the case.

So, it was time to get my backpack in order again. This did not take that long. I were almost succesful in my attempt to reduce the amount of my hiking food to a proper level during my stay in Government Camp. This time I left the food I calculated I do not need to the hiker box. The backpack felt okaye, weightwise.

It is boring so that shows in the pictures. A ski cabin. Yay.

I decided to take either the 6:20am or 8:40am bus to Timberline Lodge, depending how I would sleep. I went to sleep 9pm but suspected it would take a while before actually falling asleep.

Comments