2018.06.27 - Day #48 - Few beers

To PCT mile 951.7 (stats here).

I slept very well. I think I consumed my fair share of the Captain Morgan, but did not get a hangover. Just a sweet lull and a deep sleep. The company certainly helped. I got up before everybody else at 6, and was rolling 7. I managed to say goodbye to Hans, Amanda and Steampunk and hoped to see them at Toulomne Meadows.

I am relatively fast coming down. Approaching Toulomne Meadows.

It was all downhill to this next resupply location. I kept leap frogging with Hannah, who I met the previous day. In the end we hiked together and had a good humour as soon we were able to eat some cooked food. When I was coming down alone, one hiker came to the opposite direction and asked if I have seen his sunnies. I had not so he continued climbing towards the pass. It came to my mind that I would have not bothered.

Hannah, a ranger and me.

When we arrived to Toulomne Meadows with Hannah, we met with a ranger that was of a Finnish-Swedish origin. She even managed to greet me in Finnish and knew "hyvää joulua ja onnellista uutta vuotta". We talked with her a good while. After, we continued to the grill to order garden burgers and hang out with other hikers. I did a small resupply, and ended up hanging in front of the general store for full 4 hours. Whenever I was about to leave, somebody offered a beer and I get caught with the conversation. I was even able to get new headphones from a hiker who thought that they were not worth the weight. I found a new Sawyer filter and a Croc filtering pouch from the hiker box. Just the items that I have been after. Lucky me.

It was not until 4:30pm before I got hiking again. I was a bit drunk but luckily the terrain was flat and easy. I took a goal of getting 20 miles for the day. There were not that many PCT hikers on trail. Many went to visit Yellowstone for few days from Toulomne. I managed to catch up with Hannah who had left Toulomne earlier, and we hiked together until our chosen camping site.

I should give air to my stuff like this at every break. I rarely have so far.

This was a fun and eventful day. Maybe not so much from the hiking or nature perspective, but varied to the so called grind.

Comments