2018.09.05 - Day #118 - Still zeroing at Stevens Pass

No PCT miles.

I got up 6:40am when Tim announced the breakfast in his extravagant style. At the breakfast table were Chili Beans, Mango, Bearcub, Rocky and the other hungarian whose name I have forgotten. The food was good and as before, sharing it with others made it even nicer. Most of the people were heading out later but I was planning to rest the feet yet another day.

These suckers from Seattle hopefully will help me to manage my feet problems.

After the breakfast and the communal washing of the dishes and cleaning up I started to catch up with the blog. I parked my ass on the couch, elevated my feet up on pillows, and had a pack of ice on my feet. There was no actual freezer on the place but somebody had left some on the small freezing compartment in the fridge. The writing got interrupted by chatting with Chili Beans and Tim every now and then. All the other left before noon. It was a lazy and slow day.

There is not that much to tell about it really. Once I was finished with the blog, I intended to go to the ski resort and the main lodge to upload the written entries. While going to the lodge, I took the garbage out. I think this kind of accommodation is cool where you take part on the chores and the price is low. You do stuff together with others and feel more connected.

Some obstacles on my way to the main lodge.

The main lodges wifi was slow and ureliable. I spent some time trying to hunt a place where the connection would be better. It took a long time to upload all the pictures. When the place closed at 5pm, I continued the deed by sitting in front of the place. The connection improved, as there were less customers. Few hikers came down the hill and I gave them info whats what in the area.

The ski resort in its summer dress.

I managed to do all the uploading just before seven o'clock so it was time to hurry back to the Mountaineers Lodge for dinner. It was not long since I ate before that as earlier in the day Chili Beans made some fettucini pasta and shared. Still I was not gonna miss the dinner. Few new hikers joined us and it was nice again. One of the hiker was Roadrunner, a fast Swizz guy who has an impressive 2.43 PB in marathon. He was the only guy sharing the mens dorm with me tonight. I got the feeling that time is running past me and I will be late on the Canadian border if at all. Next day I would get going.

Comments